Регистрация    Вход    Форум    Поиск    FAQ
Filimon    Translit RU/EN    Translit.ru

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия

Страница 16 из 38 [ Сообщений: 559 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 38   След.

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: О Христианстве на английском
 Сообщение Добавлено: 28 дек 2022, 08:23 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

The birthplace of Jesus :ang

Bethlehem lies 10 kilometres south of the city of Jerusalem, in the fertile limestone hill country of the Holy Land. Since at least the 2nd century AD people have believed that the place where the Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem, now stands is where Jesus was born. One particular cave, over which the first Church was built, is traditionally believed to be the Birthplace itself. In locating the Nativity, the place both marks the beginnings of Christianity and is one of the holiest spots in Christendom.

The original basilica church of 339 AD (St Helena), parts of which survive below ground, was arranged so that its octagonal eastern end surrounded, and provided a view of, the cave. This church is overlaid by the present Church of the Nativity, essentially of the mid-6th century AD (Justinian), though with later alterations. It is the oldest Christian church in daily use[I1] . Since early medieval times the Church has been increasingly incorporated into a complex of other ecclesiastical buildings, mainly monastic.

As a result, today it is embedded in an extraordinary architectural ensemble, overseen by members of the Greek Orthodox Church, the Custody of the Holy Land and the Armenian Church, under the provisions of the Status Quo of the Holy Places established by the Treaty of Berlin (1878).

Вложения:
269600405_4655450797880568_268195209020240070_n.jpg
269600405_4655450797880568_268195209020240070_n.jpg [ 206.09 КБ | Просмотров: 524 ]

На потеху себе супостат:
Богородица белый расстелет
Над скорбями великими плат».

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 29 дек 2022, 07:58 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Emmanuel: God is with us.

The Child is born homeless because of a government program. God is with us.
The Child is sheltered because of a humble generosity. God is with us.
The angels appear to the poor. A star guides the rich from afar bearing costly gifts because God is with us.
The Child is God, yet helpless. The parents are human, yet watch over God. God is with us.
The parents are warned in a dream, flee, protect your Child from death! Hundreds of others were given no warning. Yet God is with us.
A jealous madman king plots to kill a nursing Babe, the Prince of Peace. By an earthly sword innocent blood flows like a river in the streets. Yet God is with us.
Being born that night, too, are babies blind, deaf, halt, and healthy children yet to be broken by life, whose parents cry into the night at the injustice of random dissolution. Some of them will some day meet this Stranger Child and cry for His mercy for God is with us.
And this Child will die, like all children do in time because God is with us.
God is with us and nothing changed.
Yet because God is with us nothing is untouched by God.
In all things, God is with us. Emmanuel.
A blessed Nativity to all, and may peace and goodwill reign in you as it reigned in His flesh.

FB Steve Robinson

Вложения:
322127824_857746631940540_7415037899397166521_n.jpg
322127824_857746631940540_7415037899397166521_n.jpg [ 174.85 КБ | Просмотров: 738 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 30 дек 2022, 08:17 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

A CHRISTMAS STORY by Richard Wurmbrand (1909-2001).

Richard Wurmbrand was a Lutheran minister in Romania who spent 14 years in Communist prison camps in the 1950's and 60's. He tells this story of an Orthodox priest and the Communist who tortured him to death:
"I was in a Romanian communist prison and fell very, very ill, close to death. At my right hand was 40 year old Fr. Iscu, an abbot of a monastery. He had been so tortured he was near death, yet his face was serene. He spoke about his hope of heaven, about his love of Christ, about his faith. He radiated joy. On my left side was the Communist torturer who had tortured this priest almost to death. He had been arrested by his own comrades. It happened that the Communist torturer who had tortured this priest nearly to death had been tortured nearly to death by his comrades. And he was dying near me. His soul was in agony. During the night he would awaken me, saying, “Pastor, please pray for me. I can’t die, I have committed such terrible crimes.”

Then I saw a miracle when the agonized priest called two other prisoners to help him walk past my bed, sit on the bedside of this murderer, and caress his head—I will never forget this gesture. I watched a murdered man caressing his murderer! That is love—he found a caress for him. The priest said to the man, “You are young; you did not know what you were doing. I love you with all my heart.” Then he went on, “If I who am a sinner can love you so much, imagine Christ, who is Love Incarnate, how much He loves you! And all the Christians whom you have tortured, know that they forgive you, they love you, and Christ loves you. He wishes you to be saved much more than you wish to be saved. You wonder if your sins can be forgiven. He wishes to forgive your sins more than you wish your sins to be forgiven. He desires for you to be with Him in heaven much more than you wish to be in heaven with Him. He is Love. You only need to turn to Him and repent.”

In this prison cell in which there was no possibility of privacy, I overheard the confession of the murderer to the murdered. The murdered—near to death—received the confession of the murderer. The murdered gave absolution to his murderer. They prayed together, embraced each other, and the priest went back to his bed. Both men died that same night.

It was Christmas Eve. But it was not a Christmas Eve in which we simply remembered that two thousand years ago Jesus was born in Bethlehem. It was a Christmas Eve during which Jesus was born in the heart of a Communist murderer." :ang :ang :ang

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 31 дек 2022, 13:59 
Maribella писал(а):
Изображение

Аминь

Вложения:
Спаси и Сохрани.jpg
Спаси и Сохрани.jpg [ 15.74 КБ | Просмотров: 660 ]
 Сообщение Добавлено: 31 дек 2022, 15:51 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Matthew 7:22

1Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’…

:e_sorry :angel

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 01 янв 2023, 10:55 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings
John 20:1-10

St. Paul's Letter to the Colossians 2:8-12

Luke 2:20-21, 40-52

The Gospel According to John 20:1-10

On the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. So she ran, and went to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him." Peter then came out with the other disciple, and they went toward the tomb. They both ran, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first; and stooping to look in, he saw the linen cloths lying there, but he did not go in. Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; he saw the linen cloths lying and the napkin, which had been on His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but rolled up in a place by itself. Then the other disciple, who reached the tomb first, also went in, and he saw and believed; for as yet they did not know the scripture, that He must rise from the dead. Then the disciples went back to their homes.

Prokeimenon. Mode 4.
Psalm 103.24,1

O Lord, how manifold are your works. You have made all things in wisdom.
Verse: Bless the Lord, O my soul.

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Colossians 2:8-12

BRETHREN, see to it that no one makes a prey of you by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the universe, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fulness of deity dwells bodily, and you have come to fulness of life in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of flesh in the circumcision of Christ; and you were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.

Circumcision of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
The Gospel According to Luke 2:20-21, 40-52

At that time, the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them. And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb. And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom; and the favor of God was upon him. Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the Passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up according to custom; and when the feast was ended, as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem. His parents did not know it, but supposing him to be in the company they went a day's journey, and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintances; and when they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking him. After three days, they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions; and all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers. And when they saw him they were astonished; and his mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been looking for you anxiously." And he said to them, "How is it that you sought me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?" And they did not understand the saying which he spoke to them. And he went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and his mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature, and in favor with God and man.

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 01 янв 2023, 13:06 
Maribella писал(а):
Изображение

Amen :angel

Сообщение Добавлено: 01 янв 2023, 13:58 
Christmas is a day celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, who many Christians believe is the son of God.
While many celebrate Christmas on December 25, some Orthodox Christians mark it on January 7.

Birth of Jesus

Not an exact date. The exact date of Jesus’ birth has not been established in any secular text. With a lack of historical evidence, the date has been estimated by analysing the historical events mentioned in the gospels of Luke and Matthew and the ministry of Jesus.
The January 7 date is based on the Julian calendar for religious celebrations, which existed before the Gregorian one.
Old Christmas day. Christmas on January 7 is also known as Old Christmas Day. Days were removed to make up for the difference with the Julian calendar when England switched to the Gregorian one in 1752.
Many people did not accept the change and preferred to use the Julian calendar.
More than a third of Orthodox Christians. In Russia, home to 39 percent of the world’s Orthodox Christians, people celebrate Christmas Eve on January 6 with services, and on January 7 they mark the birth of Jesus.
The Armenian Apostolic Church celebrates Christmas on January 6, along with the Epiphany (the revelation that Jesus was God’s son).
Sunday was the earliest Christian celebration. In the second century, the Resurrection became a separate feast and the Epiphany began to be celebrated in eastern churches on January 6.

Where was Jesus born?
Bethlehem, Palestine. The gospels of Luke and Matthew state that Jesus was born in the Palestinian town of Bethlehem in the days of King Herod.
Mary lived in Nazareth. The gospels explain that Mary lived in Nazareth before the birth of Jesus and at the time of the Annunciation. Jesus was born in Bethlehem, but the family later settled in Nazareth.
The Quran also places his birth in Bethlehem.

Сообщение Добавлено: 02 янв 2023, 09:01 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

When we speak of the wife obeying the husband, we normally think of obedience in military or political terms: the husband giving orders, and the wife obeying them.
But while this type of obedience may be appropriate in the army, it is ridiculous in the intimate relationship of marriage.
The obedient wife does not wait for orders.
Rather, she tries to discern her husband’s needs and feelings, and responds in love.
When she sees her husband is weary, she encourages him to rest; when she sees him agitated, she soothes him; when he is ill, she nurses and comforts him; when he is happy and elated, she shares his joy.
Yet such obedience should not be confined to the wife; the husband should be obedient in the same way.
When she is weary, he should relieve her of her work; when she is sad, he should cherish her, holding her gently in his arms; when she is filled with good cheer, he should also share her good cheer.
Thus a good marriage is not a matter of one partner obeying the other, but of both partners obeying each other.

-St John Chrysostom

Вложения:
321796558_3405203736417499_4929109583626842399_n.jpg
321796558_3405203736417499_4929109583626842399_n.jpg [ 111.48 КБ | Просмотров: 707 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 04 янв 2023, 07:29 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Stephen, Rabbi and Saint

St. Stephen is remembered in the church as one of the first deacons chosen by the apostles (Acts 6:5) and the first Christian martyr following the resurrection and ascension of Christ (7:58-60).

The church has also, however, maintained and handed down a great deal more information about this important saint. Like St. Paul, St. Stephen had been a student of the rabbi Gamaliel, a figure who appears briefly in the New Testament (5:34; 22:3), but becomes a massively important figure of authority in later Talmudic Judaism.

The Mishnah, in particular, is composed primarily of the statements and opinions of famed rabbis on particular topics of the Torah, and Gamaliel’s opinions are featured prominently. While St. Paul’s level of rabbinical, as well as Roman, education is often noted, St. Stephen’s is often.

https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/wholecounsel/2018/12/25/stephen-rabbi-and-saint/?fbclid=IwAR2Xv4R7PI38Q408ElQjeMpg28tYzsVc6-JaUuPLmAmPOPPShLPFRLrwA58

Вложения:
Orthodox_icon_of_Saint_Stephen_3_50b7276c-a9d5-4b35-95f4-aaf89873cb1f_large.jpg
Orthodox_icon_of_Saint_Stephen_3_50b7276c-a9d5-4b35-95f4-aaf89873cb1f_large.jpg [ 43.15 КБ | Просмотров: 656 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 07 янв 2023, 08:03 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings

Acts of the Apostles 19:1-8

Prokeimenon. Grave Mode.
Psalm 98.9,1
Exalt the Lord our God.
Verse: The Lord reigns; let the people tremble.

The reading is from Acts of the Apostles 19:1-8

In those days, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus. There he found some disciples. And he said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said, "No, we have never even heard that there is a Holy Spirit." And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" They said, "Into John's baptism." And Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus." On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. There were about twelve of them in all. And he entered the synagogue and for three months spoke boldly, arguing and pleading about the kingdom of God.

John 1:29-34

Synaxis of John the Holy Glorious Prophet, Baptist, & Forerunner
The Gospel According to John 1:29-34

At that time, John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is he of whom I said, 'After me comes a man who ranks before me, for he was before me.' I myself did not know him; but for this I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel." And John bore witness, "I saw the Spirit descend as a dove from heaven, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him; but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 07 янв 2023, 18:57 
Maribella писал(а):
A Prayer for Ukraine

Изображение

Сообщение Добавлено: 07 янв 2023, 18:57 
Maribella писал(а):
Изображение

Сообщение Добавлено: 09 янв 2023, 08:03 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

14 New Year’s Resolutions for Orthodox Christians :angel

Around this time of year, many people start thinking about ways they can change for the better. While New Year’s resolutions are not particularly a feature of the Orthodox faith, change certainly is, and resolving to change based on times and seasons is certainly part of our liturgical tradition. So adapting the cultural custom of New Year’s resolutions to become a better Orthodox Christian seems perfectly fine to me. Anyway, here are some suggestions for Orthodox Christians resolving to change for the better in the New Year, things every Orthodox Christian can do.

Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick

https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/asd/2014/12/14/14-new-years-resolutions-orthodox-christians/?fbclid=IwAR3YmjXLfVTKIgf_TYFqUUPhpDG3_FOZG58enkdSNvHYWfo35XuXyC2b23U

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 10 янв 2023, 07:33 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Reordering our life
so that Jesus Christ becomes the Rule of our life...
as the Beginning and the End of every part of our life...
is the ONLY BLESSED WAY to find fulfillment in the New Year.
May God grant each of us a Blessed 2023!

Вложения:
322402196_5750760001675324_3797161224479923048_n.jpg
322402196_5750760001675324_3797161224479923048_n.jpg [ 182.1 КБ | Просмотров: 402 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Страница 16 из 38 [ Сообщений: 559 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 38   След.

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия