Регистрация    Вход    Форум    Поиск    FAQ
Filimon    Translit RU/EN    Translit.ru

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия

Страница 9 из 37 [ Сообщений: 552 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 37   След.

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: О Христианстве на английском
 Сообщение Добавлено: 01 сен 2022, 15:25 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

:angel

Вложения:
302122609_10227290898674501_6724187901206527458_n.jpg
302122609_10227290898674501_6724187901206527458_n.jpg [ 89.35 КБ | Просмотров: 709 ]

На потеху себе супостат:
Богородица белый расстелет
Над скорбями великими плат».

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 04 сен 2022, 06:24 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings
Matthew 28:16-20

St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 15:1-11

Matthew 19:16-26

The Gospel According to Matthew 28:16-20

At that time, the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. And when they saw Him they worshiped Him; but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age. Amen."

St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 15:1-11

Prokeimenon. Mode 3.
Psalm 46.6,1
Sing praises to our God, sing praises.
Verse: Clap your hands, all you nations.

The reading is from St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 15:1-11

Brethren, I would remind you in what terms I preached to you the gospel, which you received, in which you stand, by which you are saved, if you hold it fast -- unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me. For I am the least of the apostles, unfit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God which is with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12th Sunday of Matthew
The Gospel According to Matthew 19:16-26

At that time, a young man came up to Jesus, kneeling and saying, "Good Teacher, what good deed must I do, to have eternal life?" And he said to him, "Why do you call me good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments." He said to him, "Which?" And Jesus said, "You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother, and You shall love your neighbor as yourself." The young man said to him, "All these I have observed; what do I still lack?" Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful; for he had great possessions.

And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?" But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 05 сен 2022, 07:09 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

So true...

Вложения:
302104753_1137750920489567_6921827099987974911_n.jpg
302104753_1137750920489567_6921827099987974911_n.jpg [ 133.9 КБ | Просмотров: 623 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 07 сен 2022, 09:58 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

The Museum of the Bible in Washington, D.C., has returned a handwritten Gospel manuscript, which is more than 1,000 years old and was looted from a monastery by Bulgarian troops in 1917, to the Greek Orthodox Church.

https://russian-faith.com/news/museum-bible-returns-1000-year-old-handwritten-gospel-orthodox-monastery-n7061

Вложения:
greek_scroll.jpg
greek_scroll.jpg [ 117.86 КБ | Просмотров: 517 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 08 сен 2022, 15:08 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Genuine Christian Friendship, Illustrated by the Life of Holy American Hermit

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the repose of Hieromonk Seraphim (Rose) of blessed memory.

Much has been written about this ascetic struggler and patristic-minded teacher of twentieth-century America. The biography penned by Abbot Damascene (Christensen), Father Seraphim Rose: His Life and Works,[1] is an exhaustively researched rich source of information about him. After reading the 1,100 or so pages, you almost feel like you personally knew him.

Fr. Seraphim authored numerous books and countless articles on a variety of topics, which have been widely read, discussed, and dissected. His life and teachings have touched the lives of thousands, if not millions, and not only in his native America, but throughout the whole of the Orthodox world.

https://russian-faith.com/holy-elders-people-explaining-orthodoxy/genuine-christian-friendship-illustrated-life-holy-american

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 09 сен 2022, 07:52 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Truth! :ang

Вложения:
278752731_10158312630051671_7098199898937034906_n.jpg
278752731_10158312630051671_7098199898937034906_n.jpg [ 50.23 КБ | Просмотров: 475 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 10 сен 2022, 08:15 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

One of the chaplains of her Majesty, had been preaching on the Second Coming of the Lord, and afterward, in conversation with the chaplain, the Queen exclaimed: " Oh! how I wish that the Lord would come in my lifetime! " " Why," asked the chaplain, " does your Majesty feel this very earnest desire? The Queen replied with quivering lips, and her whole countenance lighted up by deep emotion- " I should so love to lay my crown at His feet."

FB, Josh Osborne

Вложения:
306075963_10228635424859832_558913568611018252_n.jpg
306075963_10228635424859832_558913568611018252_n.jpg [ 26.1 КБ | Просмотров: 433 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 11 сен 2022, 06:39 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings
Mark 16:1-8

St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians 6:11-18

John 3:13-17

Second Orthros Gospel
The Gospel According to Mark 16:1-8

When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Salome, bought spices, so that they might go and anoint Jesus. And very early on the first day of the week they went to the tomb when the sun had risen. And they were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the door of the tomb?" And looking up, they saw that the stone was rolled back - it was very large. And entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe; and they were amazed. And he said to them, "Do not be amazed; you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen, He is not here; see the place where they laid Him. But go, tell His disciples and Peter that He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see Him, as He told you." And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had come upon them; and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians 6:11-18

Brethren, see with what large letters I am writing to you with my own hand. It is those who want to make a good showing in the flesh that would compel you to be circumcised, and only in order that they may not be persecuted for the cross of Christ. For even those who receive circumcision do not themselves keep the law, but they desire to have you circumcised that they may glory in your flesh. But far be it from me to glory except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. For neither circumcision counts for anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. Peace and mercy be upon all who walk by this rule, upon the Israel of God. Henceforth let no man trouble me; for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren. Amen.

Sunday before Holy Cross
The Gospel According to John 3:13-17

The Lord said, "No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man who is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 12 сен 2022, 07:04 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

As we reflect on tomorrow's Gospel Reading :ang

Вложения:
302694031_10227304108164730_48831203738693099_n.jpg
302694031_10227304108164730_48831203738693099_n.jpg [ 102.96 КБ | Просмотров: 663 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 13 сен 2022, 07:20 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Вложения:
301383733_10227304329250257_4572809280298579706_n.jpg
301383733_10227304329250257_4572809280298579706_n.jpg [ 1.04 МБ | Просмотров: 603 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 14 сен 2022, 07:52 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

An old man meets a young man who asks:
“Do you remember me?”
And the old man says no. Then the young man tells him he was his student, And the teacher asks:
“What do you do, what do you do in life?”
The young man answers:
“Well, I became a teacher.”
“ah, how good, like me?” Asks the old man.
“Well, yes. In fact, I became a teacher because you inspired me to be like you.”
The old man, curious, asks the young man at what time he decided to become a teacher. And the young man tells him the following story:
“One day, a friend of mine, also a student, came in with a nice new watch, and I decided I wanted it.
I stole it, I took it out of his pocket.
Shortly after, my friend noticed the his watch was missing and immediately complained to our teacher, who was you.
Then you addressed the class saying, ‘This student's watch was stolen during classes today. Whoever stole it, please return it.’
I didn't give it back because I didn't want to.
You closed the door and told us all to stand up and form a circle.
You were going to search our pockets one by one until the watch was found.
However, you told us to close our eyes, because you would only look for his watch if we all had our eyes closed.
We did as instructed.
You went from pocket to pocket, and when you went through my pocket, you found the watch and took it. You kept searching everyone's pockets, and when you were done you said ‘open your eyes. We have the watch.’
You didn't tell on me and you never mentioned the episode. You never said who stole the watch either. That day you saved my dignity forever. It was the most shameful day of my life.
But this is also the day I decided not to become a thief, a bad person, etc. You never said anything, nor did you even scold me or take me aside to give me a moral lesson.
I received your message clearly.
Thanks to you, I understood what a real educator needs to do.
Do you remember this episode, professor?
The old professor answered, ‘Yes, I remember the situation with the stolen watch, which I was looking for in everyone’s pocket. I didn't remember you, because I also closed my eyes while looking.’
This is the essence of teaching:
If to correct you must humiliate; you don't know how to teach.”

Вложения:
305419836_151563597501464_6762572486866122524_n.jpg
305419836_151563597501464_6762572486866122524_n.jpg [ 30.39 КБ | Просмотров: 599 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 17 сен 2022, 08:41 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

The devil appeared to three monks and said to them: if I gave you power to change something from the past, what would you change?

The first of them, with great apostolic fervor, replied: "I would prevent you from making Adam and Eve fall into sin so that humanity could not turn away from God."

The second, a man full of mercy, said to him: "I would prevent you from God and you will condemn yourself eternally".

The third of them was the simplest and, instead of responding to the tempter, he got on his knees, made the sign of the cross and prayed saying: "Lord, free me from the temptation of what could be and was not".
The devil, giving a raucous cry and shuddering with pain, vanished.

The other two, surprised, said to him: "Brother, why have you responded like this?"

He replied: "First: we must NEVER dialogue with the devil . Second: NOBODY in the world has the power to change the past. Third: Satan's INTEREST was not to prove our virtue, but to trap us in the past, so that we neglect the present, the only time God gives us His grace and we can cooperate with Him to fulfill His will ".
Of all the demons, the one that catches the most men and prevents them from being happy is that of "What could have been and was not".
The past is left to the mercy of God and the future to his Providence. Only the present is in our hands. "Live in the moment"

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 18 сен 2022, 06:25 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings

Mark 16:9-20

St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians 2:16-20

Mark 8:34-38; 9:1

Third Orthros Gospel
The Gospel According to Mark 16:9-20

When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. She went and told those who had been with Him, as they mourned and wept. But when they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they would not believe it.

After this he appeared in another form to two of them, as they were walking into the country. And they went back and told the rest, but they did not believe them. After this He appeared to the eleven themselves as they sat at table and He upbraided them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw Him after He had risen. And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."

So then the Lord Jesus, after He had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it. Amen.

Lectionary
St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians 2:16-20

Prokeimenon. Mode Plagal 1.
Psalm 11.7,1
You, O Lord, shall keep us and preserve us.
Verse: Save me, O Lord, for the godly man has failed.

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians 2:16-20

Brethren, knowing that a man is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ, and not by works of the law, because by works of the law shall no one be justified. But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we ourselves were found to be sinners, is Christ then an agent of sin? Certainly not! But if I build up again those things which I tore down, then I prove myself a transgressor. For I through the law died to the law, that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Sunday after Holy Cross
The Gospel According to Mark 8:34-38; 9:1

The Lord said: "If anyone wishes to come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." And he said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 19 сен 2022, 07:14 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

"The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

It's amazing how a "framework" can constrain how you understand a piece of text. For example, 2x4 is either 8 or a piece of lumber depending on whether you are a mathematician or a carpenter. The "juridical/accounting/transactional" framework always told me that St. Paul meant "Jesus paid the debt to God for our sins, and the zero balance of the ledger was our free gift from Christ".

Over the years the "substitutionary" framework (as it is usually preached) made less and less sense as "the gospel" in light of what I read about God in the Gospels. One day I read the text exactly as it is written: It said SIN pays the wage of death. Not God. God doesn't kill us because we sin. We serve sin and sin pays us what it promises: separation from God who is Life. We die apart from Life.
And yet God still offers a free gift, Himself, Life, not "wages". He always has from the beginning. There is no death in God, only in us.
St. Gregory said, "What is not assumed is not healed." When Jesus died in His human flesh He assumed ALL that is within us, even death. He accepted sin's "wage" even though He didn't earn it by sinning.

So, God didn't kill Jesus instead of us (John MacArthur's take on Good Friday). Christ accepted the wages from sin (not from God the Father) on our behalf and nailed the W-2 to the cross (Colossians 2:14). There will be no fear of an audit, no taxes due, no penalties for non-payment or back taxes. Free.

In all the Parables, the Master, Lord, King, Landowner forgave the debts of his crappy householders, borrowers, scammers, and negligent subjects with a Word. He NEVER extracted the due debt from an innocent third party then offer the zero-sum, paid off balance sheet to the debtors as a "gift". On the Cross God absorbs death, the wages of sin, into Himself because God is life and not even death can prevail before and within God. As Solomon said, "Love is stronger than death..."

As St. Paul says, "God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself" at the Cross. (2 Cor. 5:19) He was not vicariously punishing Christ, exacting a penalty, or substituting Him for us in some cosmic juridical execution. It is why we celebrate the Feast of "The Precious and Life-giving Cross" where death is slain through the power of love, not "The Horror of the Penalty God Demanded in His Righteousness".
The Gospel is not about wages, books to be balanced, or penalties to be paid to a God who must pay Himself off via His Son to satisfy His need for a balanced ledger or justice served. The Gospel is about a benevolent King who just forgives because that is His nature, and takes all the crap and debt and death we can deal out into Himself for our sake's just because He loves us, because that is His nature.
I once held the former thing as "Gospel", and it made sense to me until it didn't. Then I found the latter thing in the Parables.

The longer I live the latter thing makes more and more sense to me.
As if we can make sense of the horror of the Cross.
As if we can make sense of human, much less, divine Love.
(For the Feast of the Cross, Sept. 14).
Painting by Salvador Dali.
FB Steve Robinson

Вложения:
306790457_5236093389846160_4697345191592782299_n.jpg
306790457_5236093389846160_4697345191592782299_n.jpg [ 24.06 КБ | Просмотров: 469 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 23 сен 2022, 07:18 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Вложения:
307153016_10222016978677149_8822961734424622435_n.jpg
307153016_10222016978677149_8822961734424622435_n.jpg [ 87.86 КБ | Просмотров: 750 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Страница 9 из 37 [ Сообщений: 552 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 37   След.

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия