Регистрация    Вход    Форум    Поиск    FAQ
Filimon    Translit RU/EN    Translit.ru

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия

Страница 14 из 38 [ Сообщений: 557 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 38   След.

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: О Христианстве на английском
 Сообщение Добавлено: 22 ноя 2022, 19:33 
Богиня
Богиня

NatMerren писал(а):
What do blood-thirsty hypocritical demons say when they want to persuade people that they are true Christian believers?

They say:

Yep, that's right, demons are dwelling in Popadia and they guide her

Сообщение Добавлено: 23 ноя 2022, 08:09 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

God knows the truth of who you are. And that is profoundly good news :angel

Perhaps the most intriguing passage in all of St. Paul’s writings is his description of an inner struggle in Romans 7.

“For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.” (Romans 7:18-20)

This is just a snippet from a passage that often seems tortuous to read. It describes the incredible frustration of doing something that you actually didn’t want to do. But if you didn’t want to do it, why did you do it? It clearly says that there is more going on within us than simple willing.
Fr. Stephen Freeman

https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2022/11/17/through-a-glass-darkly/?fbclid=IwAR0Cabd-pFI-fN2-za-0XeUNBm77aKHIGgc4la8tKqMPMDT7D-dw_VFg_5A

Вложения:
child-and-icon.jpg
child-and-icon.jpg [ 30.76 КБ | Просмотров: 740 ]

На потеху себе супостат:
Богородица белый расстелет
Над скорбями великими плат».

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 24 ноя 2022, 08:43 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Have a blessed Thanksgiving :angel

Вложения:
316298562_10227973029607348_6865859567627522497_n.jpg
316298562_10227973029607348_6865859567627522497_n.jpg [ 36.56 КБ | Просмотров: 695 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 24 ноя 2022, 11:52 
Богиня
Богиня

Baylee писал(а):
Have a blessed Thanksgiving :angel

This holiday is celebrated in the most unfriendly country. How can you do this, Popadia? Are you trying to sit on two chairs, Popadia?? :rog

Сообщение Добавлено: 25 ноя 2022, 08:32 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

:angel

Вложения:
316799554_9000586096625508_7211368550665076062_n.jpg
316799554_9000586096625508_7211368550665076062_n.jpg [ 49.6 КБ | Просмотров: 667 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 26 ноя 2022, 08:40 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

She asked him, 'How much are you selling the eggs for?'
The old seller replied, '$.25 an egg, Madam.'
She said to him, 'I will take 6 eggs for $1.25 or I will leave.'
The old seller replied, 'Come take them at the price you want. Maybe, this is a good beginning because I have not been able to sell even a single egg today.'

She took the eggs and walked away feeling she has won. She got into her fancy car and went to a posh restaurant with her friend. There, she and her friend, ordered whatever they liked. They ate a little and left a lot of what they ordered. Then she went to pay the bill. The bill on her order was $45.00 She gave $50.00 and asked the owner of the restaurant to keep the change.

This incident might have seemed quite normal to the owner but, very painful to the poor egg seller.
The point is,
Why do we always show we have the power when we buy from the needy ones? And why do we get generous to those who do not even need our generosity?

I once read somewhere:
'My father used to buy simple goods from poor people at high prices, even though he did not need them. Sometimes he even used to pay extra for them. I got concerned by this act and asked him why does he do so? Then my father replied, "It is a charity wrapped with dignity, my child”
FB, James Blackstock

Вложения:
316828920_10228199107858875_8298770524202296366_n.jpg
316828920_10228199107858875_8298770524202296366_n.jpg [ 76.75 КБ | Просмотров: 719 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 27 ноя 2022, 07:40 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings

Mark 16:1-8

St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians 2:14-22

Luke 18:18-27

The Gospel According to Mark 16:1-8

When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Salome, bought spices, so that they might go and anoint Jesus. And very early on the first day of the week they went to the tomb when the sun had risen. And they were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the door of the tomb?" And looking up, they saw that the stone was rolled back - it was very large. And entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe; and they were amazed. And he said to them, "Do not be amazed; you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen, He is not here; see the place where they laid Him. But go, tell His disciples and Peter that He is going before you to Galilee; there you will see Him, as He told you." And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had come upon them; and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.

Prokeimenon. Grave Mode.
Psalm 28.11,1
The Lord will give strength to his people.
Verse: Bring to the Lord, O sons of God, bring to the Lord honor and glory.

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians 2:14-22

Brethren, Christ is our peace, who has made us both one, and has broken down the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law of commandments and ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby bringing the hostility to an end. And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near; for through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

13th Sunday of Luke
The Gospel According to Luke 18:18-27

At that time, a ruler came to Jesus and asked him, "Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone. You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.' " And he said, "All these I have observed from my youth." And when Jesus heard it, he said to him, "One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute it to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." But when he heard this he became sad, for he was very rich. Jesus looking at him said, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Those who heard it said, "Then who can be saved?" But he said, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 29 ноя 2022, 08:12 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

My Beloved Ones,
It is that wonderful American holiday known as Thanksgiving, and I am certain that you are looking forward to spending time with your loved ones, reflecting on past times, and making new memories while you break bread together.
While there is a tendency in our modern society to emphasize the material comforts of the holiday—the delicious food, the entertainment, and even early Christmas shopping—we Orthodox Christians know that the act of thanksgiving is not just a single day of celebration, it is the heart of our worship. The Eucharist, the most important sacrament, the act of communion with our Creator, comes from the Greek word for Thanksgiving, εὐχαριστία. We are even more aware that being thankful is not just a weekly practice during Sunday’s Divine Liturgy: it should be a daily occurrence. As the Psalmist says, it is good to
“...declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night” (Psalm 92:2).
However, this is not always so. Many times, during personal difficulties, it can become tempting to forget this spirit of gratitude, or even to blame God. This is not how we are meant to see our place in the cosmos, however. We must always hold fast to the feeling of gratitude. We should remind ourselves that God has granted us the ability to witness each day, in order that we might help to accomplish His Will, and to enjoy the good things in life. When we do our best to live in this spirit of gratitude and humility all year long, we may be amazed to see that the world itself will appear to be full of hope and good things, rather than negative feelings and influences.
This style of life is not only healthier for both ourselves and our fellow human beings, but by demonstrating this positivity, in some small way, we grow closer to our goal of theosis, because now we can see the world as our loving God sees us: as beings created in His image and likeness, all of whom are worthy of love and salvation.
Therefore, it is once again my fervent hope that you and your families have a blessed Thanksgiving, full of warmth and love, as you seek to live in more positive ways. Furthermore, it is my wish that each of us carry these feelings of gratitude toward God through the remainder of the Advent Fast, through the Nativity and the New Year, and indeed through each day of the rest of our lives.
God be with you, and with us all.

+ALEXIOS
Metropolitan of Atlanta

Вложения:
316952739_5515143405250910_8196197590211907787_n.jpg
316952739_5515143405250910_8196197590211907787_n.jpg [ 500.63 КБ | Просмотров: 601 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 30 ноя 2022, 08:28 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

:angel

Вложения:
316082634_10227976994586470_1579483087433754976_n.jpg
316082634_10227976994586470_1579483087433754976_n.jpg [ 147.05 КБ | Просмотров: 848 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 01 дек 2022, 08:20 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

God is above all things :angel

Nothing has self-existence except God. Once we think anything else self-exists, then it ceases to exist…and ceases to have value because it was created for the specific purpose of being intimately aligned with God and glorifying Him.

We exist and have value only to the extent in which we participate with God in His works. Our very “being” can only manifest itself to us when our purposes are aligned with God’s work in His creation.
A Boyd

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 02 дек 2022, 08:09 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Amen :ang

Вложения:
316532910_10151611749554964_3906616434202882001_n.jpg
316532910_10151611749554964_3906616434202882001_n.jpg [ 111.63 КБ | Просмотров: 775 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 03 дек 2022, 08:18 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

From an Ancient Paterikon:

With the Sign of the Cross, the old monk Abba Joseph trapped in his cell a dark and miserable demon who had come to tempt him. "Release me, Father, and let me go," pleaded the demon, "I will not come to tempt you again."
“I will gladly do that, but on one condition," replied the monk. "You must sing for me the song that you sang before God's Throne on high, before your fall."

The demon responded, "You know I cannot do that; it will cause me cruel torture and suffering. And besides, Father, no human ear can hear its ineffable sweetness and live, for you will surely die."

"Then you will have to remain here in my cell," said the monk, "and bear with me the full struggle of repentance." "Let me go, do not force me to suffer," pleaded the demon." "Ah, but then you must sing to me the song you sang on high before your fall with Satan."
So the dark and miserable demon, seeing that there was no way out, began to sing, haltingly, barely audible at first, groping for words long forgotten. As he sang, the darkness which penetrated and surrounded him began slowly to dissipate. The song grew ever louder and
increasingly stronger, and soon the demon was caught up in its sweetness, his voice fully lifted up in worship and praise. Boldly he sang of the power and the honour and the glory of the Triune God on High, Creator of the Universe, Master of Heaven and Earth, of all things visible and invisible. As the song sung on high before all ages resounded in the fullness of its might, a wondrous and glorious light penetrated the venerable Abba's humble cell, and the walls which had enclosed it were no more.

Ineffable love and joy surged into the very depths of the being of the radiant and glorious angel, as he ever so gently stooped down and covered with his wings the lifeless body of the old hermit who had liberated him from the abyss of hell.

Вложения:
317080518_500118988815280_4981376962066367969_n.jpg
317080518_500118988815280_4981376962066367969_n.jpg [ 174.11 КБ | Просмотров: 690 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 04 дек 2022, 07:40 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings

Mark 16:9-20

When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. She went and told those who had been with Him, as they mourned and wept. But when they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they would not believe it.

After this he appeared in another form to two of them, as they were walking into the country. And they went back and told the rest, but they did not believe them. After this He appeared to the eleven themselves as they sat at table and He upbraided them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw Him after He had risen. And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."

So then the Lord Jesus, after He had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it. Amen.

St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians 3:23-29; 4:1-5

The reading is from St. Paul's Letter to the Galatians 3:23-29; 4:1-5

Brethren, before faith came, we were confined under the law, kept under restraint until faith should be revealed. So that the law was our custodian until Christ came, that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a custodian; for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise. I mean that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no better than a slave, though he is the owner of all the estate; but he is under guardians and trustees until the date set by the father. So with us; when we were children, we were slaves to the elemental spirits of the universe. But when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons.

Luke 13:10-17

At that time, Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. And there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity for eighteen years; she was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. And when Jesus saw her, he called her and said to her, "Woman, you are freed from your infirmity." And he laid his hands upon her, and immediately she was made straight, and she praised God. But the ruler of the synagogue, indignant because Jesus had healed on the sabbath, said to the people, "There are six days on which work ought to be done; come on those days and be healed, and not on the sabbath day." Then the Lord answered him, "You hypocrites! Does not each of you on the sabbath untie his ox or his donkey from the manger, and lead it away to water it? And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham whom Satan bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?" As he said this, all his adversaries were put to shame; and all the people rejoiced at all the glorious things that were done by him.

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 05 дек 2022, 07:58 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Why I Want to be Like You

https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2022/11/30/why-i-want-to-be-like-you/?fbclid=IwAR3NX5VTLekJwqhip3DjezXhn9vABWTg-92fj-51_kFypCRPzbAXWiZ37hM

I am not a student of René Girard, though some notable Orthodox thinkers have been. I ran across an article recently that provoked some reflection for me – particularly on a central theme in Girard’s work: mimesis. He observed that human beings are drawn towards “copying” others (mimesis). A passage from the article I was reading:

Human beings are expert imitators (mimetic comes from a Greek word meaning “to imitate”). Science has shown that we are the most imitative creatures on the planet, and we imitate in a far more complex, symbolic way than any known animal. While we are good at imitating the speech and fashions of others, Girard’s discovery was that humans imitate the very desires of other people.

Вложения:
15435742695768566130.jpg
15435742695768566130.jpg [ 20.37 КБ | Просмотров: 583 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 06 дек 2022, 08:14 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Bring them to church.
Saturate their lives with the Word of God. Even if they lay on the floor. Even if they need 437 goldfish and a sucker to be quiet.
Even if you stand in the back swaying back and forth holding them.
Even when it’s hard. Even when when your row looks like a small hurricane just came through.
Bring them to church. Let them see you worship. Let them see you pray. Let them see you running toward the Savior ... because if they don’t see and learn these things from you, who are they going to learn them from?

The world will teach them it’s not a priority. The world will teach them it’s okay to lay out, not to pick up their Bibles. The world will direct them so far off course, confuse them, and misinform them that just being “good” is enough. The world won’t teach them about Jesus. That’s our job.
Bring them to church.
We love your kids and look forward to seeing them here often!

FB Allan Boyd

Вложения:
317689984_191208726758400_2931013086071043488_n.jpg
317689984_191208726758400_2931013086071043488_n.jpg [ 125.38 КБ | Просмотров: 555 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Страница 14 из 38 [ Сообщений: 557 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 38   След.

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия