Регистрация    Вход    Форум    Поиск    FAQ
Filimon    Translit RU/EN    Translit.ru

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия

Страница 8 из 37 [ Сообщений: 552 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37   След.

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: О Христианстве на английском
 Сообщение Добавлено: 03 авг 2022, 17:50 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

:angel

Вложения:
294837114_10227143669793871_8009395900381125541_n.jpg
294837114_10227143669793871_8009395900381125541_n.jpg [ 31.06 КБ | Просмотров: 634 ]

На потеху себе супостат:
Богородица белый расстелет
Над скорбями великими плат».

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 04 авг 2022, 12:26 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Вложения:
295976369_10227148447393308_8171451265133013603_n.jpg
295976369_10227148447393308_8171451265133013603_n.jpg [ 81.01 КБ | Просмотров: 611 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 05 авг 2022, 13:59 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

72% of Ukrainians consider themselves Orthodox,

while 54% of respondents identify themselves with the Orthodox Church of

Ukraine and only 4% with the UOC of the Moscow Patriarchate

Сообщение Добавлено: 06 авг 2022, 07:55 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Вложения:
284158885_2092451117591602_3069735393961406842_n.jpg
284158885_2092451117591602_3069735393961406842_n.jpg [ 1.06 МБ | Просмотров: 548 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 07 авг 2022, 06:54 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings

-John 20:11-18
-St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 1:10-17
-Matthew 14:14-22

Eighth Orthros Gospel
The Gospel According to John 20:11-18

At that time, Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb, and she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus has lain, one at the head and one at the feet. They said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him." Saying this, she turned round and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom do you seek?" Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, "Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away." Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, "Rabboni," which means Teacher. Jesus said to her, "Do not touch Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, I am ascending to My Father and your Father, to My God and your God." Mary Magdalene went and said to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord," and she told them that He had said these things to her.

St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 1:10-17Prokeimenon. Grave Mode.
Psalm 28.11,1
The Lord will give strength to his people.
Verse: Bring to the Lord, O sons of God, bring to the Lord honor and glory.

The reading is from St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 1:10-17

Brethren, I appeal to you by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no dissensions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. For it has been reported to me by Chloe's people that there is quarreling among you, my brethren. What I mean is that each one of you says, "I belong to Paul," or "I belong to Apollos," or "I belong to Cephas," or "I belong to Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispos and Gaius; lest any one should say that you were baptized in my name. (I did baptize also the household of Stephanas. Beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any one else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

8th Sunday of Matthew
The Gospel According to Matthew 14:14-22

At that time, Jesus saw a great throng; and he had compassion on them, and healed their sick. When it was evening, the disciples came to him and said, "This is a lonely place, and the day is now over; send the crowds away to go into the villages and buy food for themselves." Jesus said, "They need not go away; you give them something to eat." They said to him, "We have only five loaves here and two fish." And he said, "Bring them here to me." Then he ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass; and taking the five loaves and the two fish he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and broke and gave the loaves to the crowds. And they all ate and were satisfied. And they took up twelve baskets full of the broken pieces left over. And those who ate were about five thousand men, besides women and children. Then he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds.

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 08 авг 2022, 13:38 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Don’t break the chain! :angel

Вложения:
296933817_10227153341995670_4352005091833169925_n.jpg
296933817_10227153341995670_4352005091833169925_n.jpg [ 41.28 КБ | Просмотров: 502 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 10 авг 2022, 07:49 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Вложения:
297408741_10227394567985881_5773198519977476866_n.jpg
297408741_10227394567985881_5773198519977476866_n.jpg [ 41.98 КБ | Просмотров: 456 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 11 авг 2022, 08:05 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Many Africans already knew Christ way before slavery. In fact, it was Simon the Cyrene, mentioned in the Bible, (Cyrene today is Libya) who helped Jesus carry the cross 2000 years ago. Not long after, Christianity hit Ethiopia when Philip the Apostle spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to an Ethiopian eunuch/high official. 1278 years before slavery in the year 341, Ezana the Ethiopian King officially named Ethiopia a Christian nation. The name of Jesus lasted 1500 years later thru slavery, and still lives on today. You can't "force" faith.
Just ask Harriet Tubman, who found Jesus in visions and heard His voice in prayers.
Ask Frederick Douglas who found his faith in Christ as “Redeemer, Friend, and Savior" once he decided to cast all of his cares upon Him.

To those who continue to walk in the ignorance of believing that Jesus was "forced" on us, stop believing every article you read. When you mention "research", make sure you're researching real facts, rather than feeding your non-belief with real lies that are based on the opinions of another man.

Вложения:
296239221_10159902532148903_5154131684558381107_n.jpg
296239221_10159902532148903_5154131684558381107_n.jpg [ 77.9 КБ | Просмотров: 787 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 13 авг 2022, 07:48 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

The priest...

The priest is a man of dust, with weaknesses and diseases, with desires and ideals.
The priest eats a lot or little, is crammed with food or is his guts rushing with hunger after 6 hours of empty heart service.
The priest has doubts and anger, misunderstandings and consequences with himself.
The priest feels, crying, praying,
The priest can be tempted, tempted, sins, past, complaint, memories, old wounds.
The priest has body, headaches and saddles, heartaches, scars from too much suffering.
The priest is a man in enormous pressure every day. He stands before God, he breaks Christ the Emperor of ages in his hands of clay, he always shares himself by the Savior Blood, he listens to terrible sins in confession, blagosloves the dying, reads the incurable sick.
The priest kneels before the Holy Table and touches himself with his forehead against the Lord's chest, listening in amazement the heartbeat of God.
The priest is a dustball full of the dew of the Holy Spirit.

Pray for him!

Nicole Sima
(This is a translation)

Вложения:
296962730_792345211796316_9208406543261557216_n.jpg
296962730_792345211796316_9208406543261557216_n.jpg [ 34.2 КБ | Просмотров: 728 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 14 авг 2022, 06:50 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings

John 20:19-31

St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 3:9-17

Matthew 14:22-34

Ninth Orthros Gospel
The Gospel According to John 20:19-31

On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being shut where the disciples were for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you." When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, even so I send you." And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained." Now Thomas, one of the twelve, called the Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and place my finger in the mark of the nails, and place my hand in His side, I will not believe." Eight days later, His disciples were again in the house, and Thomas was with them. The doors were shut, but Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." Then He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see My hands; and put out your hand, and place it in My side; do not be faithless, but believing." Thomas answered Him, "My Lord and My God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen Me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe." Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing, you may have life in His name.

St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 3:9-17

Prokeimenon. Mode Plagal 4.
Psalm 75.11,1
Make your vows to the Lord our God and perform them.
Verse: God is known in Judah; his name is great in Israel.

The reading is from St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 3:9-17

Brethren, we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and another man is building upon it. Let each man take care how he builds upon it. For no other foundation can any one lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any one builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw - each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire. Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If any one destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and that temple you are.

9th Sunday of Matthew
The Gospel According to Matthew 14:22-34

At that time, Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but the boat by this time was many furlongs distant from the land, beaten by the waves; for the wind was against them. And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. But immediately he spoke to them, saying "Take heart, it is I; have no fear."

And Peter answered him, "Lord, if it is you, bid me come to you on the water." He said, "Come." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus; but when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, "O man of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they entered the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God." And when they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennesaret.

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 15 авг 2022, 12:48 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Sir Walter Scott (1808) famously wrote: “O what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.” A modern pundit has rephrased it: “Always tell the truth…it’s easier to remember.”

Lies inevitably create a web of false narratives. In many ways, it’s a metaphor for sin itself. Sin begets sin that begets sin and the web ensnares us into a world of un-truth. A single thread of a spider’s web is tiny and weak. However, the combination of hundreds of such threads works to effectively hold its prey.

The odd “nature” of evil is that it is nothing. Evil has no being. Only God can give anything the gift of being. All that God has created is, thus, inherently good in its nature. Evil, according to the Fathers, is a parasite, a distortion of the good, a mis-direction. Every lie shares this aspect of nothingness (it is even less than a strand of spider-silk). Nevertheless, lies, taken together, have a way of weaving a false reality.

https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2godforallthings/2022/08/09/the-tangled-web/?fbclid=IwAR1NV_EWElTq80qf7A9pYFr-TENJqbHR-xyGcwmPgXC_vPdU50umnxhJAj0

Вложения:
nature-1.jpeg
nature-1.jpeg [ 95.83 КБ | Просмотров: 649 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 17 авг 2022, 12:54 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

SEXUALITY, MARRIAGE, THE FAMILY AND THE ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN
Families that are well-pleasing to God can come in a lot of shapes and sizes. But in order to be well-pleasing to God, they must flow out of and honor the origin and nucleus of the family as God created it -- one husband and one wife. Marriage is the origin, basis and foundation of family.
Families might include few, many or no children (should God not bless the couple with them), might include multiple generations living together, etc. The modern "nuclear" family with only parents and their immediate children without any extra generations present is not the only possible God-pleasing model.
But two men, two women, or any other combination than one man and one woman for life are not the nucleus for a family as God made them with Adam and Eve in Genesis.
Sometimes people point to polygamy in the Bible or various other arrangements as proving that "Biblical marriage" can have all kinds of combinations.
A word on that: God never commanded polygamy, not once. And He certainly never commanded two (or more) men or two (or more) women. And Christianity has never had any right model except one man and one woman for life. Christian marriage is just this one thing.
And just because you see something happening in the Bible does not mean that it is what God intended. The Bible is full of all kinds of actions that are very much against the commandments of God. That makes them "Biblical," but it doesn't make them God-pleasing.
What about remarriage in the case of death or divorce? What about adoption? What about single parents whose spouses have died or divorced? Are these not families?
They can certainly be families and can be God-pleasing, but none of those models is the normative basis for family. You can't create a family out of one of these models except by a kind of extension of the model that God made. That is, these models are possible only where the true model has already existed and perhaps been damaged. For instance, adoption can be good and holy, but those children came from somewhere, and that somewhere has a biological reality created by God from the beginning that you cannot get around.
But those models are all attempts to improvise something good out of brokenness that happened. It is a holy thing to pick up the pieces and do the best you can.
But it is not holy to try to create a family by breaking what God made. God's model is very clear -- one man and one woman. If you throw that model out and try to make something yourself, you are creating a little dystopia. It does not matter how the people involved in those relationships feel about them or how much they believe in them. They are not what God created. They are not the Christian model for marriage.
And just because you have a feeling does not mean that God made you that way. I have all kinds of feelings. To know what to do with them, I should not ask, "Do I really want this?" but rather "Is this according to God's commandments?" Because as we see everywhere in the Scripture, those who love God keep His commandments.
More than most people, I know full well there are all kinds of religious groups out there who claim all kinds of things, including that the Christian model for marriage can include homosexuality, polyamory, polygamy, etc. (even pedophilia and bestiality, sadly enough). To that I say -- so what? The existence of heresy, sin and schism does not undermine the truth.
Here's the bottom line: A person cannot rightly call himself an Orthodox Christian or expect to remain in good standing in Church life if he preaches or teaches others that any other model of marriage and sexuality is possible except what we see God created with Adam and Eve and which Jesus confirmed and which the apostles confirmed and which the Church has always confirmed. This is leading others astray.
The preaching of heresy and immorality has been met with ecclesiastical discipline many times throughout the centuries of Church life for two reasons: 1) to encourage the repentance of these false teachers and 2) to protect the flock from confusion and being led into destruction.
I know that there are people out there who are proclaiming that excommunication, anathema, etc., are a threat to academic freedom. I am a believer in academic freedom. But I also know that the Academy and the Church are not the same thing and that the Church is much higher.
And while academic freedom is a useful thing within the Academy, for an Orthodox Christian to use his academic freedom to lead others into destruction is very much deserving ecclesiastical discipline. Just as the Academy has the right to exercise discipline, the Church does too, and the Church exercises it for the highest possible purpose. To proclaim academic freedom the highest possible law is to be something other than Christian, certainly something other than a Christian who honors and obeys the Scripture and the Ecumenical Councils.

Вложения:
299035757_628714668616815_6105465909642185310_n.jpg
299035757_628714668616815_6105465909642185310_n.jpg [ 193.51 КБ | Просмотров: 601 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 17 авг 2022, 12:55 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

If you are an Orthodox Christian, you have a solemn duty not to teach heresy, not to lead others into immorality -- and sexual acts outside the model of marriage that God intended are absolutely immoral, destructive and everywhere in Scripture paired with idolatry. Indeed, the apostolic decree in Acts 15 against sexual immorality and idolatry is the very first thing in Christian history which is called "dogma"! The Bible is very clear that these are among the very worst sins that fundamentally turn one away from God.
And if you can't restrain yourself from teaching such harmful things, you won't be silenced by the Church -- the Church can't silence people. But you should expect to be sanctioned within the Church so that it's clear to you and to others that you are hurting people and do not represent Orthodox Christianity. Talk and publish all you like, but know that you are not speaking as an Orthodox Christian but as someone opposed to the Church -- and expect to have that pointed out.
If you are one of these people teaching these things, for God's sake -- and for your own -- stop fooling yourself that you are being faithfully Orthodox Christian. You're not.
So choose what you're going to be. It's time to be explicit that you either 1) reject Christ and His Church or 2) will begin that process of repentance, to put to death the old man and put on Christ.
So, for the rest of us -- if anyone preaches to you any other gospel than that which Christ gave to His apostles and which they handed on to us, turn a deaf ear. That person may not realize it, but he is trying to harm your salvation and is being even more damaging to his own.
And may God give us all the humility and love to pursue God-pleasing marriages and to restrain our desires and not fall for the lie that just because we want something a lot means that it is good and wholesome.
I don't care whether these new gospels are being preached by Patriarchs, Metropolitans, Archbishops, Bishops, Protopresbyters, Archpriests, Priests, Archdeacons, Protodeacons, Deacons, Doctors of Theology or Philosophy, or Sunday School teachers.
No new gospels. Anything else is from the evil one. Period.
Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 20 авг 2022, 07:34 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

The wedding ceremony isn’t the sacrament. The wedding ceremony is merely the entry into the sacrament. The *marriage* (and every day that follows in Christ) is the sacrament.

Marriage is a skill.
We would probably do better at it if we stopped evaluating it with words like "happy" and start thinking of it as a project.
You don't have a good marriage on your wedding day. You've started a new project, learning a new skill that can contribute to mutual healing and growth.
That picture-perfect wedding picture is not a picture of a perfect marriage. It's a picture of a project that's just begun. It's the first day of school. It's an opportunity for repentance. It's a path of transformation.
God doesn't give us the spouses we want for our happiness and comfort. He gives us the spouses we need for our salvation.
When you discover that your spouse has qualities that challenge you, those are the areas where God is saying you need the most work.
Marriage can be a great consolation if undertaken well, but that consolation is not its point. Holiness is its point.
When marriage reveals our sins, we haven't "lost" anything -- that means it's working. And we get a chance to change.
And if we change in the right way, we grow to become more the likeness of the One Who created marriage.
They won't be putting any of that on a greeting card any time soon, though. "Have a Great Lifetime of Repentance on Your Path to the Kingdom" just doesn't have that Hallmark ring.

Fr. Andrew Stephen Damick.
(Photo is from our wedding day, Aug. 17, 2003.)

Вложения:
299987874_632991428189139_537465267867409413_n.jpg
299987874_632991428189139_537465267867409413_n.jpg [ 31.58 КБ | Просмотров: 552 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 21 авг 2022, 06:31 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Today's Readings

John 21:1-14

At that time, Jesus revealed Himself again to the disciples by the Sea of Tiberias; and He revealed Himself in this way. Simon Peter, Thomas, called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together. Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We will go with you." They went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing. Just as day was breaking, Jesus stood on the beach, yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to them, "Children, have you any fish?" They answered him, "No." He said to them, "Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some." So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in, for the quantity of fish. That disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" When Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his clothes, for he was stripped for work, and sprang into the sea. But the other disciples came in the boat, dragging the net full of fish, for they were not far from the land, but about a hundred yards off. When they got out on land, they saw a charcoal fire there with fish lying on it, and bread. Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish that you have just caught." So Simon Peter went aboard and hauled the net ashore, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three of them; and although there were so many, the net was not torn. Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." Now none of the disciples dared ask Him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord. Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and so with the fish. This was now the third time that Jesus was revealed to the disciples after He was raised from the dead. .

St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 4:9-16

Prokeimenon. Mode 1.
Psalm 32.22,1
Let your mercy, O Lord, be upon us.
Verse: Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous.

The reading is from St. Paul's First Letter to the Corinthians 4:9-16

Brethren, God has exhibited us apostles as last of all, like men sentenced to death; because we have become a spectacle to the world, to angels and to men. We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ. We are weak, but you are strong. You are held in honor, but we in disrepute. To the present hour we hunger and thirst, we are ill-clad and buffeted and homeless, and we labor, working with our own hands. When reviled, we bless; when persecuted, we endure; when slandered, we try to conciliate; we have become, and are now, as the refuse of the world, the off-scouring of all things. I do not write this to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. I urge you, then, be imitators of me.

Matthew 17:14-23

At that time, a man came up to Jesus and kneeling before him said, "Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and he suffers terribly; for often he falls into the fire, and often into the water. And I brought him to your disciples, and they could not heal him." And Jesus answered, "O faithless and perverse generation, how long am I to be with you? How long am I to bear with you? Bring him here to me." And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured instantly. Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" He said to them, "Because of your little faith. For truly I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move hence to yonder place,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. But this kind never comes out except by prayer and fasting." As they were gathering in Galilee, Jesus said to them, "The Son of man is to be delivered into the hands of men, and they will kill him, and he will be raised on the third day."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Страница 8 из 37 [ Сообщений: 552 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37   След.

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия