Регистрация    Вход    Форум    Поиск    FAQ
Filimon    Translit RU/EN    Translit.ru

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия

Страница 20 из 21 [ Сообщений: 204 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21   След.

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: православные термины на английском
 Сообщение Добавлено: 21 авг 2021, 05:08 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Certain people often become overwhelmingly depressed by the state of the world. They are vexed when they see that the will of God is not done today by others and themselves and they suffer with the physical and psychological pain of others. This sensitivity is a gift from God...[it] cannot be corrected. This sensitivity can only be transformed, altered and transfigured so as to become love, joy, and worship.
How?
By turning every sorrow into knowledge of Christ, love of Christ, and worship of Christ. And Christ, Who constantly waits with eagerness to help us, will give you His grace and His strength to transform sorrow into joy, into love for our fellows and worship of Him. Thus darkness will flee. Remember Saint Paul. What did he say? 'Now I rejoice in my sufferings.'"

Saint Porphyrios, Wounded by Love

Сообщение Добавлено: 21 авг 2021, 05:10 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

:angel

Вложения:
228729153_6017827081592664_1767889628945629299_n.jpg
228729153_6017827081592664_1767889628945629299_n.jpg [ 283.76 КБ | Просмотров: 406 ]

Сообщение Добавлено: 02 сен 2021, 13:10 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

:angel

Вложения:
224636494_130341655947639_1440421801496583738_n.jpg
224636494_130341655947639_1440421801496583738_n.jpg [ 138.19 КБ | Просмотров: 300 ]

Сообщение Добавлено: 07 сен 2021, 12:39 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

The devil appeared to three monks and said to them: if I gave you power to change
something from the past, what would you change?

The first of them, with great apostolic fervor, replied: "I would prevent you from making Adam and Eve fall into sin so that humanity could not turn away from God."

The second, a man full of mercy, said to him: "I would prevent you from God and you will condemn yourself eternally".

The third of them was the simplest and, instead of responding to the tempter, he got on his knees, made the sign of the cross and prayed saying: "Lord, free me from the temptation of what could be and was not".
The devil, giving a raucous cry and shuddering with pain, vanished.

The other two, surprised, said to him: "Brother, why have you responded like this?"
He replied: "First: we must NEVER dialogue with the devil . Second: NOBODY in the world has the power to change the past. Third: Satan's INTEREST was not to prove our virtue, but to trap us in the past, so that we neglect the present, the only time God gives us His grace and we can cooperate with Him to fulfill His will ".
Of all the demons, the one that catches the most men and prevents them from being happy is that of "What could have been and was not".
The past is left to the mercy of God and
the future to his Providence. Only the present is in our hands. "Live in the moment" :angel

Сообщение Добавлено: 08 сен 2021, 09:06 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

The holy and glorious Martyrs Adrian and Natalia (also called Hadrian and Natalie) were husband and wife who lived during the fourth century. During the Great Persecution of Diocletian during the early fourth century, Adrian encountered a group of martyrs and asked them why they were willing to endure such tortures for their faith. They replied that they were suffering in order to gain the good things prepared by God for those who suffered for his sake, "which neither eye has seen nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man" (I Cor. 2:9). Upon hearing these words, Adrian was struck by divine grace and told the Roman officials who were present to write his own name with the rest of the martyrs. When his wife Natalia heard that he had been imprisoned with the martyrs, she ran with joy to the gaol and lauded his resolve while embracing his chains.

When Adrian appeared before the emperor and confessed Christ, he underwent a first beating, and then was stretched on the ground and suffered a second beating on his stomach, which lacerated his stomach so that his intestines were visible. His hands and feet were then cut off. It is not clear if he died from these tortures, or was beheaded to finish him off more quickly.

The bodies of the martyrs were then taken up to be burned, but Natalie managed to steal one of her husband's severed hands from the pile. Guarding it as a precious relic, she kept it in her cloak and even anointed herself with the blood. The fire that was supposed to burn the relics was miraculously put out by a sudden shower of rain, and a Christian named Eusebius was able to retrieve the relics, place them on a ship, and transport them for burial to Argyroupolis, a town near Byzantium. Some time later, Natalia visited the tomb where she gave up her soul to God and was herself subsequently buried.

Вложения:
adrian natalia.JPG
adrian natalia.JPG [ 71.02 КБ | Просмотров: 231 ]

Сообщение Добавлено: 11 сен 2021, 10:43 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

:ang :ang :ang

Вложения:
03.30.png
03.30.png [ 821.88 КБ | Просмотров: 204 ]

Сообщение Добавлено: 11 сен 2021, 10:48 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Matthew 15:21-28

Сообщение Добавлено: 12 сен 2021, 08:08 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

I find a prayer by the French writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900–44), author of The Little Prince and Night Flight, a consolation at hard times in life. This is my translation, which takes a few liberties, as translations often will.

Lord, teach me the art of small steps
I am not asking for miracles or visions but strength to get through the day. Give me the wit to understand at the right moment who and what really matter to me. Help me to choose how I portion out my time.
Give me the sense of what is essential and what comes second. I ask for strength, self-discipline and moderation so that I don’t get swept up in life but can order my day wisely.
Help me to face up to the immediate as best I can and to recognize the present hour as the most important. Let me recognize that life is accompanied by difficulties and setbacks, which are chances to grow and mature.
Make of me a man capable of joining those who have gone below. Give me not what I want but what I need. Teach me the art of small steps.

Patrick Jackson

Сообщение Добавлено: 14 сен 2021, 19:00 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

Matthew 7:

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Сообщение Добавлено: 15 сен 2021, 13:13 
Богиня Мудрости
Богиня Мудрости

THE POWER OF THE CROSS

Alexander Solzhenitsyn (1918-2008), the Russian Orthodox author and Nobel Prize winner who spent many years in the gulag of Siberia, bears witness to the power of the cross. After long suffering in a work camp in Siberia, he fell into despair. Like other prisoners, he had worked in the fields day after day, in rain and sun, during summer and winter. His days were filled with backbreaking labor and slow starvation.

On one particular day, the hopelessness of his situation became too much. He saw no reason to continue living, to continue fighting the system. He thought that the rest of his life was meaningless since he would most likely die in this Siberian prison camp. His life made no difference in the world. So he gave up. Laying his shovel on the ground, he slowly walked to a crude work-site bench and sat down. He knew that at any moment a guard would order him to stand up, and when he failed to respond, the guard would beat him to death, probably with his own shovel. He had seen it happen to many other prisoners.

As he waited in the cold, head down, he felt a presence. Slowly, he lifted his eyes and saw a skinny, old prisoner squat down next to him. The man said nothing. Instead, he drew a stick through the ground at Solzhenitsyn's feet, tracing the sign of the Cross. The man then got back up and returned to his work. As Solzhenitsyn stared at the sign of the Cross, his entire perspective changed. He knew that he was only one man against the all-powerful Soviet empire. Yet in that moment, he knew that there was something greater than the evil that he saw in the prison, something greater than the Soviet Union. He knew that the hope of all mankind was represented in that simple Cross. And through the power of the Cross, anything was possible.

Solzhenitsyn slowly got up, picked up his shovel, and went back to work. Nothing outward had changed, but inside, he had received hope. He survived the gulag and years later, Solzhenitsyn's writings enlightened the entire world, telling us not only about the horrors of the Soviet prisons, but also witnessing to the power of God and the hope that can only be found in the Cross of Christ.

H/T - Fr Steven Tsichlis

Вложения:
img32.jpg
img32.jpg [ 328.49 КБ | Просмотров: 69 ]

Страница 20 из 21 [ Сообщений: 204 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21   След.

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия