Регистрация    Вход    Форум    Поиск    FAQ
Filimon    Translit RU/EN    Translit.ru

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия

Страница 37 из 38 [ Сообщений: 559 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38   След.

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: О Христианстве на английском
 Сообщение Добавлено: 03 мар 2024, 07:25 
Богиня Мудрости

The Lord said this parable:
"There was a man who had two sons; and the younger of them said to his father,
'Father, give me the share of the property that falls to me.'
And he divided his living between them.
Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took his journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in loose living. And when he had spent everything, a great famine arose in that country, and he began to be in want. So he went and joined himself to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would gladly have filled his belly with the pods that the swine ate; and no one gave him anything.
But when he came to himself he said, 'How many of my father's hired servants have bread enough and to spare, but I perish here with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and
I will say to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son; treat me as one of your hired servants.' And he arose and came to his father.

But while he was yet at a distance, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you; I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet; and bring the fatted calf and kill it, and let us eat and make merry; for this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.'
And they began to make merry.

Now his elder son was in the field; and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. And he called one of the servants and asked what this meant. And he said to him, 'Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fatted calf, because he has received him safe and sound.' But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him, but he answered his father, 'Lo, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command; yet you never gave me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends. But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your living with harlots, you killed for him the fatted calf!' And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. It was fitting to make merry and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.'"

Вложения:
Screenshot 2024-03-03 072151.png
Screenshot 2024-03-03 072151.png [ 268.96 КБ | Просмотров: 1542 ]

На потеху себе супостат:
Богородица белый расстелет
Над скорбями великими плат».

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 05 мар 2024, 08:04 
Богиня Мудрости

Amen

Вложения:
Screenshot 2024-03-05 080332.png
Screenshot 2024-03-05 080332.png [ 649.68 КБ | Просмотров: 1516 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 06 мар 2024, 07:56 
Богиня Мудрости

:ang

Вложения:
423225322_10230727909437622_5851537030206441654_n.jpg
423225322_10230727909437622_5851537030206441654_n.jpg [ 54.15 КБ | Просмотров: 1501 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 07 мар 2024, 08:09 
Богиня Мудрости

:ang :ang :ang

Вложения:
Screenshot 2024-03-07 080753.png
Screenshot 2024-03-07 080753.png [ 418.62 КБ | Просмотров: 1481 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 10 мар 2024, 06:18 
Богиня Мудрости

The Reading is from Matthew 25:31-46

The Lord said, "When the Son of man comes in his glory and all the holy angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left.

Then the king will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?'
And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.'
Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'

Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' Then he will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 13 мар 2024, 07:16 
Богиня Мудрости

Some people tell me that they are scandalized because they see many things wrong in the Church.
I tell them that if you ask a fly, “Are there any flowers in this area?” it will say, “I don’t know about flowers, but over there in that heap of rubbish you can find all the filth you want.” And it will go on to list all the unclean things it has been to.
Now, if you ask a honeybee, “Have you seen any unclean things in this area?” it will reply, “Unclean things? No, I have not seen any; the place here is full of the most fragrant flowers.” And it will go on to name all the flowers of the garden or the meadow.

You see, the fly only knows where the unclean things are, while the honeybee knows where the beautiful iris or hyacinth is.

As I have come to understand, some people resemble the honeybee and some resemble the fly. Those who resemble the fly seek to find evil in every circumstance and are preoccupied with it; they see no good anywhere. But those who resemble the honeybee only see the good in everything they see. The stupid person thinks stupidly and takes everything in the wrong way, whereas the person who has good thoughts, no matter what he sees, no matter what you tell him, maintains a positive and good thought.

- St. Paisios of Mt. Athos, “Good and Evil Thoughts,” Spiritual Counsels III: Spiritual Struggle

Вложения:
Screenshot 2024-03-13 081409.png
Screenshot 2024-03-13 081409.png [ 752.49 КБ | Просмотров: 1385 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 16 мар 2024, 07:00 
Богиня Мудрости

Amen

Вложения:
Screenshot 2024-03-16 075937.png
Screenshot 2024-03-16 075937.png [ 685.9 КБ | Просмотров: 1344 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 17 мар 2024, 06:29 
Богиня Мудрости

GOSPEL READING: Forgiveness Sunday

The Reading is from Matthew 6:14-21

The Lord said, "If you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

"And when you fast, do not look dismal, like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by men but by your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 19 мар 2024, 07:06 
Богиня Мудрости

St John Chrysostom had a way of consistently doing just that...

Вложения:
428297724_10230839258101269_9052028320235419322_n.jpg
428297724_10230839258101269_9052028320235419322_n.jpg [ 64.18 КБ | Просмотров: 1300 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 22 мар 2024, 07:20 
Богиня Мудрости

Let’s stop indiscriminately inviting Disney into our homes and into our children’s lives. It’s too dangerous to give them free rein to slowly poison our children’s minds. Look for sources that teach your children about true beauty and heroism.

Вложения:
Screenshot 2024-03-22 081944.png
Screenshot 2024-03-22 081944.png [ 458.96 КБ | Просмотров: 1264 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 24 мар 2024, 06:22 
Богиня Мудрости

GOSPEL READING: Sunday of Orthodoxy

The Reading is from John 1:43-51

At that time, Jesus decided to go to Galilee. And he found Philip and said to him, "Follow me." Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. Philip found Nathanael,
and he said to him, "We have found him of whom Moses in the law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph."
Nathanael said to him, "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?"
Philip said to him, "Come and see."
Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and said of him, "Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!"
Nathanael said to him, "How do you know me?" Jesus answered him,
"Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you."
Nathanael answered him, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!"
Jesus answered him, "Because I said to you, I saw you under the fig tree, do you believe? You shall see greater things than these."
And he said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, you will see heaven opened, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man."

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 27 мар 2024, 07:00 
Богиня Мудрости

Forgiveness - WHEN SOMEBODY you've wronged forgives you, you're spared the dull and self-diminishing throb of a guilty conscience.

When you forgive somebody who has wronged you, you're spared the dismal corrosion of bitterness and wounded pride.

For both parties, forgiveness means the freedom again to be at peace inside their own skins and to be glad in each other's presence.
Frederick Buechner

Вложения:
Screenshot 2024-03-27 075951.png
Screenshot 2024-03-27 075951.png [ 869.66 КБ | Просмотров: 1140 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 30 мар 2024, 07:20 
Богиня Мудрости

I heard a beautiful story last week. True story. A parish priest had a man come to him, wanting to join the parish. He had been a criminal and spent time in prison, but was repentant and determined to redeem the remainder of his life.
But he had a hard time keeping a prayer rule. The priest kept reducing it: “Can you say fifty Jesus Prayers?" (the ancient prayer that goes "Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me.") "Well, can you at least say Twenty-five? How about ten?”
Then the man came down with cancer, and the priest visited him in the hospital in his closing days. He asked him, “Well, were you able to say those ten Jesus Prayers?”
The man looked sad and said, “No, Father, I didn’t.”
“Did you say five?”
“No, not even five.”
“Well, did you at least say one?”
“No, Father.”
“Why not?”
“I can’t get past ‘Jesus.’”
The man said that, when he began with “Lord,” he was overwhelmed with the majesty and glory of God, how he created all the universe, from the largest star to the smallest detail. Then, when he said “Jesus,” he was again seized with wonder, to think that this Lord of Creation became a human being, a man with the name “Jesus.”
And those two words were enough to ponder for a lifetime. He just couldn’t get any further.

Вложения:
428700866_937587754384075_8357076491366113573_n.jpg
428700866_937587754384075_8357076491366113573_n.jpg [ 1.09 МБ | Просмотров: 1056 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова
 Сообщение Добавлено: 31 мар 2024, 06:33 
Богиня Мудрости

GOSPEL READING: Sunday of St. Gregory of St. Palamas

The Reading is from Mark 2:1-12

At that time, Jesus entered Capernaum and it was reported that he was at home.
And many were gathered together so that there was no longer room for them, not even about the door; and he was preaching the word to them.

And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him; and when they had made an opening, they let down the pallet on which the paralytic lay.
And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "My son, your sins are forgiven."
Now some of the scribes were sitting there, questioning in their hearts, "Why does this man speak thus? It is a blasphemy! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them, "Why do you question thus in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise, take up your pallet and walk?
But that you may know that the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins"-he said to the paralytic-"I say to you, rise, take up your pallet and go home." And he rose, and immediately took up the pallet and went out before them all; so that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying,
"We never saw anything like this!"

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Сообщение Добавлено: 04 апр 2024, 07:39 
Богиня Мудрости

Sunday of the Prodigal Father, Son and Elder Brother

The Prodigal Son “comes to himself” in the far country, and what does he find there? The same person that left the Father's house: Self-interested, manipulative, and clueless about his Father.
“I'm starving. Dad has food. I've burned all my bridges here and there, but I know He's a soft touch... hell, he gave me my inheritance up front. If I grovel, what's the worst that can happen? I might at least get a job and 3 square meals.” And he works up his groveling elevator speech.
As he walks up the long driveway to the gate of his Father's house, staring at the cobblestones, rehearsing his speech, he is blindsided, wrapped up in strong arms and the sound of weeping.

It is his Father. He blurts out his prepared speech because he does not know what else to say. But his Father does not acknowledge his speech or respond to anything he said. He calls for clean clothes, a feast and the family signet ring to put back on his finger.
The Prodigal came to his old, self-centered false self in the Far Country and sought to preserve himself through manipulating his Father. But he came to his true self in his Father's driveway: in relationship to his Father's unconditional love for him as His son, not because of his new found morality, self-realizations, bargains, offers to straighten up and fly right, nor for exhibits of guilt, shame and remorse.
What the Prodigal encountered in the driveway truly extended to him all the way in the far country in his worst state. The robe, ring and fatted calf were not rewards for showing up, but were always there, just as they were from the heart of the Father for the Elder Brother who thought of them as his reward for staying faithful, working hard, doing his duty and obeying his Father.

Both got the Father wrong: This is not a “morality tale” about the superiority of the Younger Brother's repentance vs. the Elder Brother's legalism. They were both selfish and wrong-headed about their Father: both thought they could manipulate the Father's relationship to them by their "work". Both were Prodigals in their Father's house.

But the tale is, in the end, really about the Prodigal Father who bestows His extravagant love on two idiot children who don't get Him.
We are one or the other, and in either case we find our true self in His house and through His love, because He is either running to throw us a party or standing at the door begging us to come in to it, for free.

#ProdigalSon
Art by: Pierre Chavannes

Вложения:
Screenshot 2024-04-04 083723.png
Screenshot 2024-04-04 083723.png [ 839.33 КБ | Просмотров: 914 ]

На потеху себе супостат:

Анна Ахматова

Страница 37 из 38 [ Сообщений: 559 ]  На страницу Пред.   1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38   След.

Список форумов » О СВОЕМ, О ЖЕНСКОМ... » Религия